DAVID J. MEINERS, L. P. C.
Address: P.O. Box 731, Southington, CT 06489
E-mail : [email protected]
A GUIDE TO CHRISTIAN MEDITATION AND
- ASK THE HOLY SPIRIT TO GUIDE YOU
- CHOOSE A SCRIPTURE SCENE WITH JESUS IN IT
- READ 2 OR 3 TRANSLATIONS OF ACCOUNT
- CLOSE EYES AND IMAGINE YOURSELF IN IT
- SPEAK TO JESUS FROM YOUR HEART
- LISTEN TO JESUS SPEAK TO YOUR HEART
- ALLOW SPIRIT TO PRAY THROUGH YOUR HEART
Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God’s Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don’t know how or what to pray, it doesn’t matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans.
Romans 8:26 (MSG)
THE GOAL OF CONTEMPLATIVE PRAYER IS COMMUNION – ENTERING INTO HIS REST
So then, there is still awaiting a full and complete Sabbath-rest reserved for the [true] people of God; 10 For he who has once entered [God’s] rest also has ceased from [the weariness and pain] of human labors, just as God rested from those labors peculiarly His own. 11 Let us therefore be zealous and exert ourselves and strive diligently to enter that rest [of God, to know and experience it for ourselves], that no one may fall or perish by the same kind of unbelief and disobedience [into which those in the wilderness fell]. Heb 4:9-11 (AMP)